– Greet saying Namaste by joining the palms together with bowing your heads at the same time rather than saying Hello.
– Remove your shoes before entering a Nepali home, temple and monastery.
– Dont touch anything with your feet and try not to step over or point your feet at another person or sacred place.
– Take permission before entering a Hindu Temple as many Hindu temples do not allow non-Hindu to enter.
– Walk clockwise around temples or stupas.
– Dont eat with your left hand.
– Dont eat beef as cows are sacred in Nepal.
– Among Hindus avoid touching women and holy men.
– Dont offer food to a Nepali after tasting it, nor eat from a common pot, and avoid touching your lips to a shared drinking vessel.
– Raising your voice or shouting is seen as extremely bad manners in Nepal.
– Do get permission before taking photographs of objects or persons.
– Avoid holding hands between women and men in public places as it is considered offensive in Nepal.
COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2018 MOONLIGHT TREKS PVT. LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. DESIGNED AND DEVELOPED BY Web creation nepal